Save the Date! Thursday, October 4, 2012 from 3 pm to 7 pm, Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary will celebrate our First Annual World Animal Day in collaboration with other local non-profit animal welfare organizations.
We will be celebrating animals through educating the public about our mission and the current issues facing animals both in our local and global communities.
Admission and parking are free; however we request that you please leave your pets at home.
Non-Profits That Have Confirmed to Attend:
- Animal Rescue Coalition, ARC
- Birds of Paradise
- Eagle Rescue
- Florida Parrot Rescue
- Gulf Shore Animal League
- Honor Animal Rescue
- Humane Society of Lakewood Ranch
- The Humane Society of Manatee County
- The Humane Society of Sarasota County
- Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium
- Racing Dog Rescue Project
- Specialists for Animals Foundation, SAFI
- Sarasota County Animal Services
- Sarasota K-9 Search & Rescue
- Sarasota in Defense of Animals
- Satchel’s Last Resort
- The Wildlife Center of Venice
- Wildlife Rehabilitation and Education Center
- Southeastern Guide Dogs
- West Coast Aviary Rescue
- Save Our Sea Birds
- Satchel’s Last Resort
- Sarasota Dove Release
- Sarasota Sheriff’s Mounted Patrol
We are still awaiting confirmation on others. We hope you can attend and will come support this important day!
History of World Animal Day
World Animal Day, designated on October 4, has been historically celebrated since 1931 as a way of highlighting the plight of animals across the globe. Chosen on the date of the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals, it is currently celebrated in various ways throughout the world with no particular focus on nationality, religion, or political ideology. Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary (BCH) has chosen to celebrate our first annual World Animal Day as an educational forum.
Is Your Non-Profit Interested in Attending?
In collaboration with other local non-profit animal welfare organizations (exhibitors), we will be celebrating animals through educating the public about our mission and the current issues facing animals both in our local and global communities. We appreciate those partnering with us to do the same in a manner which will not only engage the public, but also benefit the animals their organization serves. Although this is not a fundraiser, it is a fabulous opportunity to gain tremendous exposure for your organization and increase awareness about your population’s issues.
For more information contact us at (941) 371-6377 . The event will be held at 7101 Palmer Blvd., Sarasota, FL.
Free Admission to Local Law Enforcement Officers, Firefighters & Their Immediate Families, June & July 2012
BIG CAT HABITAT GIVES FREE ADMISSION TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, FIREFIGHTERS AND THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILIES AS IT SWITCHES TO SUMMER HOURS
SARASOTA, Fla., June 1, 2012 – Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary, a nonprofit safe haven for big cats, bears and other animals in need, is now on its summer schedule, and during June and July, will give free admission to local law enforcement officers, firefighters and their immediate families to thank them for their service. Sunset Safaris will be held Wednesday through Sunday from 4:30 to 7 p.m. through October. Visitors can have an up-close view of the exotic and other animals at the sanctuary with special exotic animal encounters daily. Admission is $15 for adults and $7 for children 12 and under. Check www.
Sunset Safaris allow visitors to see the animals in the cooler hours when they are more active rather than during the hottest part of the day, said Kay Rosaire, president and founder of Big Cat Habitat. No reservations are necessary, and parking is free.
The Big Cat Habitat wants to publicly recognize our military and show our appreciation!
This Memorial Day Weekend – Saturday, Sunday and Monday, May 26-28th – All active military and their immediate families can come to see the animals and our special show for free. There is no admission (for military and immediate family).
Gates open at 12:30 We will have a special show everyday at 1:30 PM.
For more information call our information line (941) 371-6377 or contact us via email.
Again, we want to thank all of our Soldiers. We appreciate you and pray for your safety.
Good Afternoon Mrs. Rosaire,
I recently took my daughter to the Big Cat Habitat Extravaganza. I can’t begin to tell you how much we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. From the moment we arrived to the last minute riding the Elephant! I work at the Ritz-Carlton as a concierge for the Residents who live here and I know that the hotel has always been involved with this wonderful organization and as a concierge I have had many people inquire about the facility. Now I can finally say how Wonderful it is and how great of a job you and your son have done organizing it. The show was spectacular, both of you are so funny and I can tell you really enjoy what you do and truly love those beautiful animals. We weren’t expecting to be so blown away. I have to tell you, I have already recommended the Big Cat Habitat to so many of my residents and guests here at the Ritz-Carlton. Thank you so much for providing a fantastic fun day for me and my daughter. We look forward to coming back soon!!
The Big Cat Habitat is open on December 23, 24, and 26th. We will be having a special holiday demo show each day at 1:30. After each show, for a fee, you can get your picture taken with Santa and Samson. See below for hours and times:
- Friday – December 23rd - Gates open at 12:30, show at 1:30, close at 4PM
- Saturday – December 24th - Gates open at 12:30, show at 1:30, close at 4PM
- Monday – December 26th - Gates open at 12:30, show at 1:30, close at 4PM
After each show pictures with Santa and Samson the white tiger will be available for a fee.
New Years Weekend Shows
- Friday – December 30th – Gates open at 12:30, show at 1:30, close at 4PM
- Saturday – December 31st – Gates open at 12:30, show at 1:30, close at 4PM
- Sunday – January 1st 2012! - Gates open at 12:30, show at 1:30, close at 4PM
- Monday - January 2nd – Gates open at 12:30, show at 1:30, close at 4PM
We will be open and having educational demo shows on the following dates:
For all dates below, gates open at 12:30PM, shows at 1:30, close at 4PM.
- Friday – December 23rd
- Saturday – December 24th
- Monday – December 26th
New Years Weekend
- Friday – December 30th
- Saturday – December 31st
- Sunday – January 1st 2012!
- Monday - January 2nd
941-371-6377 or BigCathabitat@yahoo.com
7101 Palmer Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34240
We will offer a fantastic show and…
Dates and Times
- Saturday 21st - Gates open at 12:30 Show at 2:00PM
- Sunday 22nd - Gates open at 12:30 Show at 2:00PM
- Saturafay 28th - Gates open at 12:30 Show at 2:00PM
- Sunday 29th - Gates open at 12:30 Show at 2:00PM
- Saturday 4th-Gates open at 12:30 for 2:00PM show, Gates open at 4:30PM for 5:30 show
- Sunday 5th- Gates open at 12:30 Show at 2:00PM
- Saturday 11th- Gates open at 12:30 for 2:00PM show, Gates open at 4:30PM for 5:30 show
- Sunday 12th- Gates open at 12:30 Show at 2:00PM
- Saturday 18th- Gates open at 12:30 for 2:00PM show, Gates open at 4:30PM for 5:30 show
- Sunday 19th- Gates open at 12:30 Show at 2:00PM
- Saturday 25- Gates open at 12:30 for 2:00PM show, Gates open at 4:30PM for 5:30 show
- Sunday 26th- Gates open at 12:30 Show at 2:00PM
Contact us for more information (941) 371-6377
Located at – 7101 Palmer Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34240
Diva Angels Gulf Coast Chapter 7th Annual Poker Run is on Sunday October 2nd 2011. All proceeds are going to the Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary.
Pre-registration is available on September 24th at Rossiter’s HD Anniversary Bash during the hours of 10:30AM and 2:00PM. The pre-registration price is $10.00 per hand or 3 for $20.00.
Day of Event Registration
You can register the day of the event at the Big Cat Habitat 7101 Palmer BLVD in Sarasota, FL from 10:00AM to 11:00AM. The registration price is $15.00 per hand or 3 for $25.00 the day of the event.
First bike out at 10:30AM and last bike out at 11:00AM.
End Stop and Party
The end stop is Peggy’s Corral 4511 U.S. Hwy 41, North Palmetto, Fl 34221. Last bike in at 2:00PM. There will be prizes, 50/50 and music. Cash bar available. For more information contact Debbie Stanley at 941-685-1490 or visit www.DivaAngels.org.